Sunday, September 20, 2009

MARATHON!

At the finish line!! Almost there. Please don't puke!!!
At mile 25. I love my family!
In the hotel before the race. I hardly slept that night.
My amazing running buddies hung this before I left
for Utah. I love you Jenna, Tracy and Julie!!
After the race with Katelynn, Collin, dad and Caroline.
Mom and Tom were behind the cameras and Braeden
had to stay in Vegas for club tryouts.

I did it! After months of early morning, dark, cold then extremely HOT, and windy training, it's finally over! It was sooo hard, but amazing. It's a physical, emotional and spiritual experience that words cannot describe. It was so cool and beautiful in Logan. The best part of the race for me was to see my family at mile 25. As soon as I saw them my pace quickened and I started to cry. It's so emotional to see them cheering you on. And then to see them again at the finish line was incredible. I didn't cry at the finish line because I was doing my best not to puke! I became extremely nauseous during the last 100 yards. It took everything I had to keep running to the finish line without throwing up in front of all the cheering spectators. I felt better after finding a tree to collapse under. After lunch and a nap in the car, I was feeling pretty good. My right foot and left achilles have been giving me trouble the past month and they screamed at me during the last half of the marathon. They continue to punish me today, but it was all worth it!
Thanks to all my family and friends who trained with me, gave me advise on injuries (Dr. Jenna), asked me about my Saturday long runs, sent me texts, voice messages, and emails up to the minute I left for the marathon and sent congratulations when it was over. I love you all!!!:) And the biggest thanks to Tom who helped and supported me through it all. I love you honey!!

10 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

What an accomplishment!!!! I could do the puke thing for you!!! How bout the Boston marathon next year??? If you do it we'd stay.......

Kim and company said...

Wow! Way to go! Way to accomplish the ultimate bucket list! Such an accomplishment! My brother ran that marathon too---he's chronic though---runs a couple a year, as he's addicted to running! Gotta love it! Way to go sis!

Melinda said...

In true Jolynn fashion you are smiling in every picture! How utterly amazing. I'm so PROUD of you :) Congratulations!

VivaLasFloyds said...

seriously girl, you rock! so proud of you!! tell tom thanks for the updates throughout the race. i would announce them to everyone at soccer and we'd all cheer you on!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo hooo! I was thinking about you all morning on Saturday! Good job!

Catrina said...

WOW!! You are truly amazing! Congratulations! Loved to see the smiles!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Jolynn!!! You are so amazing!!! Way to go girl!!

Karla and Mike said...

I can't get over the fact that you ran for over FIVE HOURS!!!!!! I can't fathom that. 30 minutes of walking/running on the treadmill and I am toast.
Way to go.
Karla

Brad and Leslie said...

Oh no you dint!?! This is awesome! I wish I had the kind of determination to do this. Good job!

Kristin said...

Wish I could have run it with you!

Great job. You seriously rock! Congratulations for pulling through, injuries and all. And double congrats for not puking. :)