Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Perspective

A conversation I had with the lady behind me in line at Office Max.....While waiting in line with my arms loaded with another $100 worth of school supplies and printer cartridges, Katelynn holds up a package of sticky notes.....
Katelynn: Look mom.
Me: Yeah. Do you need those?
Katelynn: No. I just think they're cute!
Me: Put them down and get over here, NOW!
I then turn to the lady behind me:
Me: They're killing me.
Lady behind me: Yeah. My 16-year-old son got his 15-year-old girlfriend pregnant and they hid it from me.
Me: Oh! I'm sooo sorry.
Lady behind me: Then they both dropped out of school. My son is working at McDonalds and he thinks he can support a child on that!
Me: Uh.....oh.....uh......say.....uh......Katelynn......how much were those sticky notes.........

4 comments:

Jen@eighteen25 said...

count your blessing name them 1 by 1. haha...

VivaLasFloyds said...

See, you shoulda just bought the freakin post-it notes!

Chuckie said...

You should have said I feel your pain that is my granddaughter!

Jolynn said...

Shut Up CHUCKIE!!!!!